Jets Season in Review

Well we are here again way too soon for my liking. The New York Jets yet again did not make the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season. Although this team did prove a lot to people including me improving from four wins to ten. The acquisitions of Brandon Marshall, Darrelle Revis, and many others gave me hope that we would make a strong push for the playoffs, which did happen, but what I hoped for fell short due to a couple of terrible losses against the Raiders, Texans, and Bills(twice). Those are games that the great teams take care of business and move on to the next game. Todd Bowles and his staff did an excellent in their first season with the organization has to be proud with what happened this season, like I said many people did not know what was going to happen when all these new players were brought in with the new GM and head coach. It definitely was a building year and as a Jets fan I am extremely happy with what happened this season, I really enjoyed the ride I just wish it was a little longer.
The Jets this offseason is a complete one eighty from last year and with this great season comes the extraction of free agents. On the offensive side of the ball the Jets are fine in free agency, they will just have to address the issue of offensive line depth in the draft. On defense though they have to get outside linebacker help big time. The Jets defense is a one of the best in the league the front office will have to do some work this offseason retaining the guys on the defense to be great for many seasons to come. If I was Mike Maccagnan I would franchise tag Mohammed Wilkerson, give Demario Davis and David Harris their money for being studs on the inside of that defense for years. I would also sign Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two year deal because the last thing the Jets need is a new quarterback. After that is all done I would focus my attention on Chris Ivory and a new outside linebacker. Three guys I have in mind for those OLB spots are Chad Greenway, Aldon Smith, or Dwight Freeney. Greenway may be difficult to snatch away from Minnesota, the fourth guy on my list would be Courtney Upshaw. All of these guys are veterans that have a great football knowledge and would be great fits in an already good defense and would bring this defense and team to another level.
Moving on to the draft… this is where the Jets need to draft some skill players for depth reasons. Two positions that make the most sense to me is offensive line and cornerback. If they do not address the linebacker liability in free agency then they have to draft an OLB in the first round.
The future is bright for the Jets and the long-time loyal fans will be jumping up and down feeling we are on top of the world for the next four, five years or so.
Sources:(nfl.com)

Don’t forget to subscribe(follow), like, comment, and share on your way out!   
Also don't forget to subscribe to play by play on youtube :)

Comments

  1. Tried something new and went into Microsoft Word and typed this up... Spacing looks odd to me let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets