Rex Ryan and John Idzik Gone! Plus End of Season Assessment

So on Sunday afternoon the Jets got their 4th Win of the season in the final game in Miami. That's where I will start first. I think that win was actually a loss. The draft order was affected with that win. Now that does sound crazy, that I am routing for a loss for a player. I don't know why I think this but I do. I want a good draft pick and a good player from that pick. I also want a decent that isn't a defensive minded coach. There is that thing with Woody Johnson wanting to be involved in day to day activities for the Jets. That really boils my blood, because that is the number 1 problem with the Jets. This is the reason that the Cowboys haven't been relevant in recent years. Second both Rex Ryan and John Idzik are done in New York. I couldn't be happier with that news. Rex Ryan and John Idzik had separate meetings with Woody Johnson on Monday morning at 7:30 AM. I liked Rex Ryan as a coach for the first couple of years. The past 2 years I haven't been a fan of him I have to say. Something happened to him 2 years ago that made him different and that is when the flaws started showing for the Jets. Part of Rex's problem here in New York is that Idzik never gave him the players to succeed. That in turn makes the Quarterbacks Mark Sanchez ( Who is still a terrible quarterback, it wasn't the Jets) and the current single caller Geno Smith. Smith also in my opinion has played his last down in a regular season football for a while. For the 3rd year in a row the Jets will probably have another Quarterback controversy. Which is not a good thing.
The next step is signing a GM. Now Woody Johnson can look for a head coach and interview people for the job, but I think the new GM should hire the new Head Coach. The presser of the draft should not influence the hiring of the GM. The head coach should be an offensive guy, but the defense should still be a 3-4, because the team that whatever head coach is hired has a team that is set up to dominate as a 3-4 Scheme. The new offense should be something different and I think it will. Something along the lines of a Saints Spread scheme would complement the defense and the offense right now. If those 2 schemes are put in place the GM won't have to do as much work as he would and the coach would have happier players and possibly have a happy locker room.

Don't forget to follow on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets