Day 3

Fresh Start_3: Social Media
This entry is something different from my normal content on this blog that I just need to write down and showcase on the blog and be just a bit more personal. As of this past Sunday I have completely deleted all social media off my phone. I’m getting rid of the distractions and trying to prioritize my time with this upcoming school year and just for my sanity to distance myself from social media. Where that lands me with relationships with my friends we will see. Also many of you may say it will hurt this blog in terms exposure when I post my articles on twitter. It may also hurt my overall brand; with both of my podcast channels on youtube.
I will handle that, but to just make this clear I am not quitting social media all together. I’m taking a leave of absence if you will from it and see how I feel. I don’t know how long I will be gone but it won’t just be a week. If anyone you would like to ask questions or suggestions email me at jdatasports@gmail.com. I wanted to do something like this on twitter before I left and it will transfer over when I get back.
I understand why social media is so important in the society we live and the benefits it can have. But just like everything in life, sometimes you need a break and that is what I am doing right now. I hope with no distractions I will be able to become I better student, better athlete for my college swimming team, better moderator on the podcasts I do, and a better writer for this blog. If you want to relate this to sports think of it as when Lebron James shuts down all his social media accounts for the playoffs. This time off is my playoffs.
I know this is short but, thank you for allowing me to rant and regular content will be back tomorrow.    

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets