Day 6

Before I start this article I would like to just write a disclaimer that I will not be naming any names of writers because I don’t want the drama to start. I want to start a conversation or even create some improvement on stories like the one I am about to rant on…

Fresh Start_6: A message to sports writers
So I was catching on my daily reading, scrolling up and down the Bleacher Report app on my phone and I came across this video of players’ discussion their Madden ratings with a reporter. The reporter asked the players about overall and specific stats about the generated player. With multiple reactions and questions this video was put out and released to the public. Now, I do like Madden very much, it’s probably my favorite sports game and I care about the ratings of the players because of the certain modes I play in the game. With that said though I do not want videos like this to be created. I just IN MY OPINION think that these types of videos are pointless; because majority of the players don’t play the video game or have even touched a console before. There is the small minority of professional athletes that do play the game like Cam Newton, Bryce Harper, and Kevin Durant. If these videos maybe included the minority that plays that would be different, but for the time being the format for these types of videos need to change or just be done away with.
I understand that it is part of the reporter’s job to get these questions out, and they might not be comfortable with the questions or even know what Madden is. Either way the video is out and doing fairly well, because people do find some entertainment out of that, but that is not what interviews are for in a way. The players already show enough emotion out on the field so don’t have them do this intentionally to get a funny reaction out of the players. If a player or coach makes a funny comment or makes the interview entertaining then you can role with this, but we shouldn’t as a community of writers waste the time of the players with questions like this. Let the players bring up something this. Ask football questions that matter and make a more interesting news story that might have something that could seriously benefit your career; not some Madden 17 players reaction BS!

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets