Day 5

Fresh Start_5: Thanks Bill
Dear Bill Simmons,
Thank you for being one of the many driving forces to make me want to become a sports journalist. Now as I just said you weren’t the first or only writer to make me want to enter in the business of writing but you were the last. I starting my own podcast before I found yours, but your podcast has been a good model to follow and find my own ways to improve it. I also have tried to start a podcast show strictly about baseball before you (I’m not gloating by the way); but you have done everything you have attempting since leaving ESPN extremely well.
Not to say that you have a little more help because you have been in this business for a long time and have resources that I don’t have. You have the ability to start your own website and have a dam HBO show. You have become a role model of mine and you play a very important role in my up and coming career.
When I was at work the other day; I was asked what I wanted to do for a living and I explained how I wanted to be a writer, and I even shared with the man this blog. He came back some time later and said that I just wanted to be the New York version of Bill Simmons. I then said to him abruptly “No I want to be better!”. Which is nothing against you and how great your career is, it’s just how I am wired. I want to someday work with you on a podcast and I hope this short letter gets to you.
You see I don’t envy my idols; I want to become friends with them. I want to one day be sitting in the ESPY’s and look down the aisle and you, or maybe one day even work for you… we will see. So, here I am saying thank you for what you have done and for being a role model of mine. I owe you a lot (maybe even a steak dinner).
Sincerely,

Joseph Leo



Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets