Day 312

Fresh Start_312: The problem with Single A baseball
I love the game of baseball. It’s my favorite sport to watch, favorite to play, and favorite to talk about. I love it so much I’d do anything to go to the ballpark each and every day. but, I have to say; going to a Single A game is not baseball.

I’m not going to complain too much, the tickets were free and it was a good time, but Single A baseball isn’t baseball. A college game is more put together than what I saw today. Everything from the umpiring, the actual game, and the crew at the stadium running everything else. Now, I understand that I was watching the bottom of the totem pole as far as baseball goes, but it needs to be better than that. most of the these guys playing are ex-college players that aren’t that far removed from playing for their alma mater.  I get that these guys have went from playing for North Carolina, Michigan, Arizona to playing in Beacon New York—but still actually play the game.

It isn’t fair that these guys get $20K a year and probably have a part job at Home Depot or Walmart but actually play with heart. I give Tim Tebow a ton of heat for switching to baseball, but I cannot knock the man’s hustle. He plays each game like it’s last, and it is paying off (much to my surprise). So, if you can learn anything from Tim Tebow’s baseball career, play with his heart.

On to the people working the game, in particular the announcer—c’mon dude. I don’t know who it is, but these guys need to actually sound like they care about the game of baseball. Get guys from Senton Hall or Syracuse that care about the game and want to have a career in baseball announcing. It’ll pay off for your organization, and give the crowd a bit more to pay attention too.

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets