Day 337

Fresh Start_337: Please don’t mess this up
With the releasing of Erik Decker Darrelle Revis, and Brandon Marshall the tank season seemed to be the plan for 2017. The Jets drafted Jamal Adams as their start to the rebuild, and I’m here saying that I am all for the tank and the rebuild. I’m already seeing it with the Brooklyn Nets and even though the Nets don’t have a top draft pick, they are still improving the team.

The way I’d like see the 2017 season going is the Jets going 2-14 getting the first overall pick and getting Josh Rosen not Sam Darnold to be the quarterback of the future. I personally like Rosen over Darnold because of the arm talent that Rosen has. It reminds me a lot of the arm talent that Aaron Rodgers has but it just isn’t polished yet. With the Jets going 2-14 I’d hope Bryce Petty would be getting those two wins for the Jets.

I know Josh McCown will be the starter coming out of the Preseason, but will McCown’s recent injury history I don’t think he will last the full season. I’m not trying to wish an injury on anyone (I’d never do that), I’m just being realistic due to the past. Christian Hackenberg will be another coming of Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith, leaving the Jets will a perfect garbage quarterback with no expectations in Bryce Petty.

I’ve said before that I think Petty is a poor man’s Kirk Cousins, Petty just needs the reps first. Cousins was the same way early on in his career when the Redskins had RGIII starting at quarterback. Washington gave Cousins the reps and he is now the quarterback he is today.

However, with all my hopes and dreams with the Jets tanking this year, my dad brought up a fantastic point about this Jets season. My dad said that the Jets might go 6-10 this year and just mess up a great opportunity to try and get a franchise quarterback. And he is right! The Jets-iest thing to do is mess this opportunity up and with all the players saying that they aren’t tanking it might actually happen.

With the Jets signing Lucky Whitehead off waivers from Dallas, he will be the second playmaker in the receiving core and a great special teams player—he won’t make a difference on the field in 2017. I’m sure the Jets will have some all-time blunders and just sole crushing moments for the fans, I just hope it all pays off from a fans perspective.
Sources:(bleacherreport.com, espn.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets