Day 336

Fresh Start_336: Way to early NFL Playoff Predictions
Listening to a bunch of podcasts and talking with my family, I’m ready to talk football! I know the Jets will be just dreadful this year, but I am excited to see what the rest of the NFL has in store for 2017.

If you haven’t heard on my podcast, my way to early Super Bowl picks are the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. I am all in on the trilogy this year, mostly because of the key signing that the Giants made early in the offseason, signing Brandon Marshall after his release from the Jets. Marshall will open up so much for the Giants offense, and if the defense for the Giants can be even an ounce of what it was last year, the Giants are going back to the Super Bowl. There is no if’s, and’s, or but’s about it; book it now. To go along with the Giants and Patriots I have these following teams getting the playoffs:
AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers, Bengals
AFC South: Texans
AFC West: Raiders, Broncos
NFC East: Cowboys, Giants
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Falcons, Saints
NFC West: Seahawks

You might be surprised about seeing teams like the Bengals and Saints in my “Way too early Playoff teams” but looking at the schedules I think the Saints and Bengals have a great chance of bouncing back after have a less than average 2016. The playoff teams that I don’t have back in the playoffs are the Chiefs, and the Lions. I think the Lions got lucky in 2016 because of how good of a season that Matthew Stafford had and the poor seasons overall in the NFC highlighted by the Panthers.

The Chiefs to me will take a step back after losing Dontari Poe, Jamaal Charles, and Jeremy Maclin while also trading up go get quarterback Patrick Mahomes in the first round of this past years’ draft. Having both Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes on the roster, the quarterback battle is something that will distract the team from truly looking to improve after losing playmakers like Poe, Charles, and Maclin.

Bringing it back full circle I think the Bengals will be this year’s Chiefs and catch fire with the weak schedule that Cincinnati has. Meaning that the Saints will be this year’s Lions and just getting lucky because I think that Drew Brees will have yet another great season. But, training camps are just starting up this week and football is right around the corner, and I am so excited.
Sources:(nfl.com, espn.com)

Don’t forget to forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets