Day 339

Fresh Start_339: UFC 214
I am not by any means an avid UFC fan but in recent years I have come to enjoy the sport for the main stars of the sport just brawl it out in the octagon. The biggest star of the sport and possibly the biggest star in the history of the sport in Conor McGregor is now in the midst of press for the fight of the decade with McGregor and Floyd “Money” Mayweather.

Dana White and the UFC are now gearing up for UFC 214 (yes, believe it or not there has been 213 fight nights before this one) and for the first time in a long-time Connor McGregor is not headlining the Main Card for the men. Instead we have the forgotten star Jon “Bones” Jones against the UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier. Jones who left the sport because of a drug problem and was if memory serves me right was almost kicked out of the UFC for life by Dana White if he did not receive help for his problem.

When Jones was at the top of the sport; he was as unbeatable and maybe even more super human than McGregor or Ronda Rousey. In my lifetime, Jon Jones is the biggest and best fighter that I have ever seen. When Jones was at the top of his game he was a bad man and for me the first fighter that I could truly identify, and become a fan. Keep in mind that I said the best FIGHTER  and not the best boxer.  

Boxing has not been what it was in my life and in a way it stinks but UFC is still fun to watch. Also, I don’t want to route for Jones because of his past and what he did while he was on top of the sport, but I want to at the same time. He is just an animal and I want to see him succeed, but he also almost ended his career and possibly his life with the drug issue that he had.

With this Main Card being advertised as “the biggest” in the history of the UFC, we will see what happens.
Sources:(bleacherreport.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets