Day 248

Fresh Start_348: The PGA Championship
It is about this time of year where I just get fascinated with golf. Golf hasn’t been a stranger to this blog, but I wouldn’t say it has been a mainstay either. I put out an article about the Masters at the beginning of April and that’s about all the golf coverage you’ll see from me, but I can’t lie some parts of the year I can’t get enough of golf.

With the British Open last week and the PGA Championship this week, golf is at its apex of its season. All of the top golfers have had a couple of months to iron out their games for this run at two majors in just two weeks. I understand that The Masters is a whole animal within itself, but the British Open and the PGA Championship are two majors that would make a great end to someone’s season.

The thing that amazes me about golf is just the simple fact of actually playing the game. It is just hard to make the ball go straight, especially for over 150-200+ yards. I don’t play often but when I do getting the ball to go straight is half the battle. But I guess it’s the same thing as Trout hitting a 450-foot homer or Lebron dunking on two defenders, hitting a golf ball 300 yards on a par five is easy for a guy like Dustin Johnson. That’s the thing about professionals, there is a reason they are on the course and I’m on the couch.

However the other thing that pulls me into the sport every year around this time of year is the personalities in the game. The same thing happens in Tennis after Wimbledon, I love the people who play it. The craziness behind some of the guys on tour and the surprise player that always sneaks into contention and gets the spotlight put on him for a day or two. The rise and fall of tennis and golf players’ stardom is comparable to boxing or the UFC with the turnover of stars. Golf had Tiger Woods and since his incredible downfall from the top of Golf Olympus and since Woods’ fell from number one in the world the golf world has been searching for the next big man in the sport.

Maybe it’s Jordan Speith, it was thought to have been Rory Mcllroy or Dustin Johnson, or as crazy as it seems some people thought it was going to Bubba Watson. Whoever the next Tiger is the golf world will love watching every waking minute of it. My pick for the PGA Championship is Mcllory to try and recreate the magic he had on this course a couple years ago and continue the conversation of who the next Tiger Woods is.
Sources:(bleachrreport.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets