Day 359

Fresh Start_359: The Letter to myself that I could have only dreamed of
After doing 358 articles in a row, and a ton of life hitting me in the face, this year has been incredible and I now have time to say some thank you’s. As J. Cole says in “Note to Self” on his 2014 Forest Hills Drive album “This is the movie credits, if you don’t want to sit through the credits-get your ass up and walk out the theater.”

So, the year that I am talking about is August 23rd 2016 not January 1st to now. The first thank you is to the 19-year-old me that came up with this crazy idea. And, it’s crazy to believe that I am almost there, and I am such a better writer, podcaster, and person now that I know what I want. I have a better understanding of the journalism world because of what I’ve done over this past year.


I have done what I set out to be and that is become a better writer and storyteller. That was the main goal and I’ve done that and will continue to get better the longer and longer I write (hopefully). That is 20-year-old naïve me saying that I’ll never peak and just becoming better and better. I’m so happy that I did this and I wouldn’t be the person that I am if I didn’t do this I am so thankful, so being crazy and having an outlandish goal of writing every single day just paid off. I mean that. Your crazy ass dream will pay off if you just work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets