Day 360

Fresh Start_360: Thank you friends
Continuing with the “movie credits” over the next five days, I want to write a couple of letters to the people who helped and supported me through this process and made me the writer I am. I already wrote a letter to my hometown and how that made me but these four groups of people have been my backbone through this process.

My first letter has to go to my friends. By the way these thank you letters are in no order by any means they just have to be written. So here it goes:

To my unbelievable friends, I don’t know if I’d be here without you. Thanks to the hours of smiles, laughs, hang outs, and just good times, I have been able to find myself and realize my dream while I had your support. In particular I want to thank a small few. Don’t take it personally, I don’t have enough time to give everyone a letter. That letter would be 50,000 words and even then it wouldn’t be enough.

First off I have to thank my best friend in the whole wide world Fi. Fiona (I know you don’t like to be called that and it feels weird calling you that) you have been my backbone through a lot of personal stuff, and that is not what this is about but thank you SO much for that. This is about you reading every single article that I wrote and sometimes being my on the go editor. You have no idea what it means to me that I have your support to this, and I hope one day you are reading me in a newspaper while you are on tour in the Airforce somewhere. Keep having my back and I’ll keep giving you the 4-1-1 on your Mets.

Next up on the list has to be my partner in crime in the podcast world, Nick. I don’t know where I’d be without your incredible input, sports mind, random thoughts, and just overall smarts with my podcast. From having our own podcast, to having our own “network” with two great podcast. Thank you for getting me into a few late night sports rabbit holes, great random text exchanges back and forth, countless Michael Kay, Don, and Peter drops, and just being an overall co-host. I wouldn’t have nearly the amount of reps in podcasting without you, and I’ll make a promise on the record right here—if and when I get a major radio you’ll be on the first show in some capacity.

After that, I have to stick up for my boy Dayton Brown. It is absolutely crazy how we met on Twitter but I wouldn’t change it for the world. Being my “first friend in the business” it’s been an incredible short friendship/business experience, I owe a lot of inspiration to you with the way you set up your writing and your podcast. I look forward to continuing to grow this friendship and cannot wait to see where sports and journalism in general takes us.

Lastly, I have to thank my probable best man at my wedding my “cousin” John. The Grind Hours podcast wrestling correspondent, fellow Yankee fan, and just overall hot taker the cousin. From all the food recipes we dream of, the crazy Yankee conspiracies we have in our minds, and great times that we have, thank you for being here for me. Honestly, you might have more fans on my podcast than I do, but people can’t follow you. I owe a lot of this to you, and I know I have a brother for life through all this. Like Fi, I hope you are calling in years from now from a boat in the middle of the ocean living your dream as a marine biologist.

I know a lot of people from Middletown, high school, Cobleskill aren’t on this list but don’t think I don’t do this for you. My writing career started on a Middletown High School computer, my podcast was a random 2 A.M. idea in my dorm room in Cobleskill, and if it wasn’t for everyone that I’ve met through these past 3 years I wouldn’t be here. So, thank you!

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets