Day 346

Fresh Start_346: My plead for journalism
Talking on my podcast with my good friend Dayton Brown, we got to talking about how we came about and started our podcasts and writing careers. The biggest obstacle for us both at the time that we started was actually starting to write and publicize it. For me I didn’t think I was good enough. The issue of my opinions being there wasn’t the issue it just was how do I start and the fear of not being good enough when I actually started. That quickly went away when I started this blog almost three years ago.

As you listen further into the podcast, the topic of sports journalism comes about and the need for it. The under appreciation for good sports writing is at an all-time high and what we fear is just people undervaluing the art of sports writing so much that it will just stop all together.

Every medium goes through the same period that journalism at a whole is going through right now. Society picks out niches for every medium to withhold and with the introduction and evolution of social media to journalism, the task of keeping journalism alive in a “24/7 news cycle” is the number one concern for the medium. What will come of this revolution will work itself out, but something that HAS to remain the same is the kids that are watching this situation unfold need to not be afraid and just start like Dayton and I did. Just throw yourself out into the wild and let the people tell you whether you can make it or not. You might not have to write everyday like I do or as little or much as I do, but whatever you are passionate about in the journalism field you need to peruse it. The revolution of good, coherent writing that is credible without biases needs to return to the pages of the newspapers and websites throughout the platform as a whole. If not, well Dayton and I will end up like Ken Rosenthal in a couple of years. And well I like this job.

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets