Day 167

Fresh Start_167: Super Bowl 51 pick
I don’t normally do this, but I am putting out my Super Bowl pick in the Fresh Start of the day. My pick for the Super Bowl is the New England Patriots. Even with my hatred of the Pats, I recognize that the Patriots are extremely good and have the best quarterback to ever play. Tom Brady will play his best game ever in the playoffs. This hurts me being a Jet fan, most likely seeing the New England Patriots win yet another Super Bowl, but this is a team that is just better than the Falcons. Brady is just better than anything the Falcons can throw at him.

The Patriots are better on special teams and defense which comes up huge in the Super Bowl, and for a Falcons team who has never been to a Super Bowl—they are going to have their work cut out for them against one of the best coaches to every do it. Going to the Super Bowl is old news in New England, so while familiarity breeds contentment; the Patriots are anything but content. Their mission is to have Roger Goodell hand them the Lombardi Trophy after a season where in the minds of New Englanders “the commissioner tried to end the Pats.”

I will lay the 3 points to the Falcons because historically the best offense in the Super Bowl loses in the big game. The saying “defense wins’ championships” is always true, and the Patriots have the better defense in this game. Yes, the Falcons have the leading sack leader this year in Vic Beasley but the quarterback on the other side of the field is just the best. Trust me, I’m a Jets fan I know how good Tom Brady is. Throughout my life I can’t count how many times Tom Brady have screwed over the Jets. Somewhere on the internet is just a montage of Tom Brady driving down the field against the Jets with less than 2 minutes to go. The Patriots are the example of winning culture and as much as I don’t like them, you have to give props were they are due. The Falcons had a good season, and they might have the same opportunity next year, this is just the chance that Brady has to prove to everyone that he is the greatest. I’d like to be wrong, but I don’t think I will be. 
Sources:(footballlocks.com, nfl.com, theringer.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets