Day 171

Fresh Start_171: The return of the Original beard
Give me the beard again. And no, I am not talking about James Harden. I am talking about the original beard, Brian Wilson. Wilson made his mark not only with his facial hair but with the San Francisco Giants. In his best season in 2010, Wilson had 48 saves in a career high 74.2 innings, and 93 strike outs.

Wilson has two World Series rings with the Giants, and is looking to make a comeback. However, this comeback is a little different way. Wilson is trying to make a comeback by throwing a knuckleball. Wilson is in his prime averaged around 95 MPH on the gun throwing his fastball. The knuckleball is the ageless pitch, ask Tim Wakefield, or R.A. Dickey. Wilson is a colorful character that I would love to have back in the game.

Wilson has told yahoo sports that "It was kinda good to lay back and figure out what I wanted… It feels like a new leaf.” I am happy that Wilson has had time to take it all in and reinvent himself being a 34 almost 35-year-old reliever. Wilson also has reportedly already thrown for 2 teams already. I personally want Wilson to make a comeback because I am just a fan and love seeing the ridiculous beard throw a pitch 90+ MPH, and if a knuckler coming too, sign me up!
Sources:(espn.com, yahoosports.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets