Day 111

Fresh Start_111: Sports Netflix
Has the way we watched football changed? I’m not talking about the way we look at a particular play, but the way we watch a whole game. I didn’t watch the Jets game today, partially because I was in the car coming back up to school before a snow storm—but the other reason is because the Jet game wasn’t on CBS when I got back to school. I know the rule of thumb about being in a teams’ home market with it not being a sellout, but can that change? The NFL has a deal with the tv stations that broadcast the games to blackout the none sell outs, but is there a possibly an app can change that.

My grandmother and I today were talking about the possibility for a while, but I honestly don’t know if it could happen. For a college student who loves sports like myself; an app that has all the games on it would be perfect. I compare it to how game changing the Sunday Ticket was when it first game out. The app that allows you to basically be your Netflix for sports would be revolutionary in the sports media market and for the chord cutters.

The linguistics of getting all of the licensing for the major sports leagues would be tricky and probably take years to get approved, but it would make the way you watch tv completely different. This would open the flood gates for apps that will allow you to pick the channels you want instead of just your shows. Netflix and Hulu will be fine and only get better. So this, while being a wish, is also a call to action to make this app. I would ask that you include me in any way possible. This app would be comparable to what Apple did to the music industry. This app is a billion-dollar idea, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets