Day 128

Fresh Start_128: R.I.P. Carrie Fisher
I wouldn’t feel like myself I didn’t pay homage to one of the icons that made a serious impact on my childhood. Carrie Fisher died yesterday and it just put a sad undertone to the rest of the day. I had an incredible day hanging out with family and friends, but I just wouldn’t be okay with myself if I didn’t put in my two cents. While Fisher did feature in other movies like The Man with One Red Shoe, Austin Powers, and Under the Rainbow—her most significant role was as Princess Leia in Star Wars.

Star Wars quickly became one of the most famous pop culture reference and movie of all-time and Carrie Fisher was right in the heap of it all. Fisher played an extremely important role in the series and is as iconic as James Earl Jones or her co-stars Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford. Growing up my brothers and I would watch Star Wars over and over again, having lightsaber battles in all over the place. We were absolute nuts for everything Star Wars. With Fisher being in the position that she was in, I would like to send my condolences to her family and friends. And I would also like to say that this is a time as a community to come together and embrace the body of work that Fisher created in the Star Wars universe.
Sources:(nypost.com, imdb.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets