Day 131

Fresh Start_131: 2016, what to say, what to say…
With today being the last day of 2016, I want to write a letter looking back at a year that wasn’t the best year of my life, but was definitely needed for me. I would like to thank 2016 while also giving 2016 a well-deserved f*ck you. So here it goes…
Dear 2016,
Thank you for everything you have done for me. Thank you for teaching me a lot about this world in the roughest way possible. Thank you for making everything that made me a better person overall and everything with my YouTube channel and this blog hard. It was an incredible life lesson. Coming into this year, I had the best year of my life and I guess it was fitting that you would come up and smack reality in my face, after what seemed like a fantasy year in 2015. Thank you for teaching me how to deal with heart break and the difficulties of college, and balancing life around. Thank you for making me a stronger person. This year from end to end was overall a year from hell and thank you for making me a truly better person. So thank you so much, I wouldn’t be the same person without the struggle.

Although I can’t knock you for all of the year. Throughout the “year from hell” were scattered bright spots. I accomplished a ton on my YouTube channel and have hit a stride that will definitely continue into 2017. My partner and I wanted to make 2016 our year on the channel and for what we introduced and accomplished on the channel is absolutely amazing. The friends that I have made and became closer with throughout the year is something that is just priceless. The memories from the summer and the 1st semester of college are things I’ll also hold on to. Edging out some other people is also something that is necessary and thank you for showing me the right way with that.

Finally, from the perspective of this blog, thank you for everything that has happened on this blog. Providing daily content is what I set out to do from the beginning and rekindling that with the Fresh Start series is something that makes my day better, is an escape, and is making me a better writer all at the same time. The amount of content and the quality of that content is something I take great pride in, while also understanding the challenge of writing every day. Thank you for kicking me in the rear end and making me get into gear, so I can make 2017 the best year, and every year in the future better and better. Having a year like this, allows myself to look back and dwell while also having that consent motivation to never have another year like this. You were a necessary evil 2016, and I’m more than happy you are over and down with.

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets