Day 253

Fresh Start_253: Just some two cents
So, I had to do an assignment a few days for one of my classes about the Declaration of Independence and part of it got me thinking, and I ultimately wrote this as part of the assignment. I think this is especially important because everything that President Trump is doing to try to limit the civil liberties of the American people. Here is the portion that I wrote about the 1st Amendment:

 I’ll start with my first choice of Freedom of Speech and Press. I reason that I love this amendment is because I want to become a sports journalist after college. If I couldn’t speak my mind I wouldn’t be able to have a podcast or write my blog and say my two cents on an issue. There are a ton of people in this world that don’t live in the United States that can’t speak their mind and even go to jail for having a different opinion then the government that governs those people. If Donald Trump doesn’t like my opinion on the Nashville Predators, he can go on Twitter and voice his opinion on what I have to say, and I can do the same thing. If I were to do that in Russia, I might not even be alive if I attacked Vladimir Putin on Twitter. I am truly humbled and extremely thankful for having the privilege to do what I love and say what I feel. Empowering people to say what is on their mind, whether it is a conspiracy theory or dead on fact, the conversation that arises from the top of that subject matter is truly what fascinates me with writing. You can have your opinion and I can have mine, but having a conversation to find a common ground and work together is something I think this country has lost with the current administration. Why attack someone when you can sit down with them and have a beer over, become friends, it can be infectious. You never know who you’ll sit down next too.
Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets