Day 270

Fresh Start_270: Watching two of the best in one week
This past week I have got the privilege to watch two of the best players in all of baseball in Bryce Harper and Mike Trout. I saw Harper on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh as a spur of the moment kind of thing, and Trout tonight.

The fact that I got two see in my opinion the best player in baseball (Trout) and the 3rd best player (Harper) in one week. That is extremely rare and an opportunity that I will cherish forever. They did go 2-7 combined with those two being meaningless singles by Trout in a 3-0 loss tonight. I was all in for a Harper bomb over the right field bleachers into the Allegany. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen and he went 0-4 in a 6-1 tromping in PNC.

Having this chance is something that I won’t take for granted because I don’t know how many times I’ll have the chance two see both Harper and Trout in their career—forget about in one week. Trout because the way his contract is set up until 2020, he will most likely stay a Los Angeles Angel for his entire career. In Harper’s case; unless he becomes a Yankee when his contract is up, depending on where he goes in free agency (like Boston) I may end up hating him or not seeing him as often as I could.

With these two players having the careers they have had so far, Trout and Harper are potential future Hall of Famers and I’ve got the chance to see both of them. Most baseball fans don’t get the opportunity to see a single Hall of Famer in their life, and if they do it means something to that person. While I was at those two games; when Harper and Trout came up to the plate, the stadium seemed to come to a stop. The majority of the building stopped what they were doing and watched the at-bat, with many people having their phones out recording the moment.

Seeing Superstars in baseball is different than any other sport. I have seen Lebron in person in Denver, I’ve seen Henrik Lundqvist in the Garden, and it is different in baseball to me. I don’t know what it is, but I am thankful for the opportunity to see them, and maybe one day will get the opportunity to take my son to see these two players.
Sources:(spotrac.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets