Day 62

Fresh Start_62: Raise the W all the way to Cleveland
I have been so lucky in my life as a sports fan. I have seen so many great moments. During my life: The Yankees had a three peat, the Cavilers broke the fifty-two-year curse of Cleveland, an undefeated Patriots team lost to the Giants in the Superbowl, countless walk-off baseball, football, and basketball wins (highlighted by the Villanova National Championship last year), and now I have seen the Cubs win the National Pennant. I just talked about this on my podcast on Friday night; I said that there are generations of Cub fans have never seen the Cubs in the World Series, or win one.

I couldn’t imagine the amount of happiness Cub fans are going through right now. I am a Jets fan and the Superbowl drought is close but nothing nearly as close to the Cubs World Series drought. Now, if there is something I know about Cub fans is, that they may be happy and going crazy now; but they will be conscious until the final out is recorded and the Cubs have actually won the World Series. If that does indeed happen, Chicago will truly blast off into the studious fear and not come down for months. I am excited for the city of Chicago, and if it actually happens, Theo Epstein has to be considered one of the all-time great General Managers. Epstein has already broken one curse in the game of baseball and he is just four wins from breaking the biggest curse in all of sports.

One of my favorite movies ever is “Moneyball” with Brad Pitt. I watched that two nights ago after Game Five before I went to bed and I what; Theo Epstein is the GM that you want in the game of baseball, and I don’t know what he will do from here, because there is not much to do in the game. Epstein has managed this team as an entire organization to win in the future for a long time. Joe Madden is my favorite manager and he deserves to be the manager that breaks the curse of the Billy-goat. So to the city of Chicago,
Congratulations you deserve everything that is happening right now, go celebrate with your families and enjoy the World Series, you are extremely lucky to be where you right now.
Sincerely,

A true sports fan
Sources:(espn.com, mlb.com)
Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets