Honest Review #6

Honest Review #6: Mercy
Let me start off by correcting myself from week 3, THIS IS THE WORST GAME OF THE SEASON. I had so much confidence going into this game with the amount of the talent on both sides of the ball, plus the way Arizona was playing football. Ryan Fitzpatrick who I have loved since he made his first start last year in Week One. I backed him after his terrible performance in Week Three in Kansas City. I cannot back him after this performance in Arizona. Fitz’ final line was 16/31 one hundred and seventy-four yards and an interception. The white flag was flown when the Jets put in third year man Geno Smith in the fourth quarter. Geno, who I loved in his rookie season, and thought the Jets in 2013 were only one step away with Geno in the back field. Geno in this game went 4/6 thirty-one yards and an interception. Geno is not the answer for this offense and he never will, just plain and simple. In my opinion Bryce Petty is the answer for this offense. Unfortunately, that won’t be until next year with Petty being on IR.

This offense is just absolutely deplorable and it is not the fault of Brandon Marshall, I actually feel horrible for Brandon Marshall. Matt Fortè has been nothing short of awful this season, excluding the Week Two win (because the entire team was on fire). Fortè had nine carries for nineteen yards and only one catch for three yards. Fortè also dropped a key third down ball in the first half that killed the drive.

Moving on to the defense that I love so much. Well this week it only showed sites of being a great defense. The defense couldn’t tackle to save their lives. Penalties absolutely killed the defense and prolonged the Cardinals drives to extend the lead and kill clock. Another thing that I noticed about the team as a whole is the fact that the Jets can’t get good field position at all throughout the entire game. The first four drives for the Jets started inside the Jets own twenty-yard line.

For the amount of confidence that I have had throughout the week and most of the game, I have none following that loss. I will say this, it is not Todd Bowles fault, blame will be put on his shoulders, but he can only do so much. Chan Gailey needs to be fired, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith need to be benched if that was only possible. What this team is lacking is depth and right now that is killing the team as a whole. Eric Decker has missed more than I anticipated and that will become devastating for the Jets for the rest of the season. Right now I am now just waiting for pitchers and catchers to begin because I can’t take the heart wrenching pain of watching another terrible loss. After the great season last year just fell short, the entire Jet fan base felt like the team was moving on to bigger and better things, especially after signing Matt Fortè. Right now it is the same old feeling that the Jets have felt since 1970 and that is helplessness and despair after yet another loss.

I don’t know what there is to say after a blow-out no contest game like this. I am not looking forward to Sunday what so ever at the moment. It seems to be at the moment that the Jets will be picking in the lottery in the upcoming draft, and yet another quarterback might be coming off the board and heading into the crap shoot that is Gotham City right now. But as always LET’S GO JETS!
Sources:(nfl.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets