Day 88

Fresh Start_88: The death of Daily Fantasy
Well I didn’t think a day like this would come, but I always feared it. If you haven’t heard about the problems with daily fantasy sports sites in the past year, you can google your heart about it, but I will give you a short recap. Draftkings and Fanduel the two major sites came under fire for the way they monitor their sites. There is no cap for how much money the site can make from bot accounts made by either site and the payout system to real users was not monitored to the right standards, while painting a wonderful mirage to make users believe it wasn’t gambling. Both of the sites were sued by the courts in New York last winter for false advertisement, and were almost outlawed in New York.

Both sites made some necessary changes to the deposit and withdrawal system, and revitalized their rain over the fantasy sports world once this football season came around. The MLB are also partial partners of Draftkings so, that also help the site. Unfortunately for players like me how use Draftkings and dislike Fanduel and any other fan that was the opposite of me, we have to deal with a merger between the two companies. I figured something like this would happen once the two companies met side by side in New York courts last winter, but I hoped each site could bring in enough cash to keep their separate sites open to players. The reason I prefer Draftkings over Fanduel is very simple. Fanduel uses a less amount of starting money to spend on players and they have kickers in the lineup that take away from another skill player that could score you points and make the gap between you and another user for cash a little less. I am sad with the news and this might be the death of daily fantasy football as we know it.

This isn’t the first time that Draftkings has bought Draftstreet fantasy before the start of the 2014 fantasy football season, which put a bad taste in the mouth on people already using Draftkings. Much like a heated rivalry the players from each site, don’t really care for the other. We both live in the same world, just on two opposite sides in a glass box looking at the other and believing that our situation with the site we are using is better. So I am hopeful that the best will come out of this merger between the two companies. The merger is set to finalize in the middle of 2017 sometime and the deal is worth $12 Million dollars. Each company is taking a 50/50 split in revenue made during the merger and I will love to see how many people jump ship when this finally happens. I will for sure and let other users test the waters for me before I jump back into playing. So, if this is indeed my last season playing daily fantasy I would like to thank Draftkings for making me some more pocket change and making Sunday’s a little more enjoyable during football season.
Sources:(bleacherreport.com, forbes.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets