Day 144

Fresh Start_144: SVP
Watching Scott Van Pelt on his own version of Sportscenter last night, I thought to myself, why haven’t I thanked him publicly yet? Now, I understand that the company that you work for is going through tough times, but you are one of the shining lights in the ashes Scott. Your Sportscenter may not be the typical highlight show that I grew up, but is the perfect thing for the current time. This show is every that the company was and just the fun that your show captures so well.

Dear Scott,
I would like to say thank you so much for being an inspiration and a role model for not only writing but my style for my podcast. People like you from ESPN made my childhood special. I was lucky enough to find a career choice very early on. That vision has narrowed with time, but you are one of the people that made Sportscenter my favorite show. When you dawned the mic on the radio—there was not another show out in the thousands of radio frequencies like yours. You and Ryen Russillo had something special even though I listened to your show for a brief time before it went off the air. In my opinion, you are one of the icons of sports radio. Not many people had the personality through the radio like you did. I would love for you to do a podcast, but asking too much is just not in the picture. I hope one day I can have you on my podcast or just sit and have lunch. Even though you are a legend in the business I would like to think of you as an equal, I know that sounds weird coming from a 19-year-old journalist with limited experience, but I don’t fear anyone in the business honestly. From what I have seen on TV through the years, neither do you.

Thank you so much for everything you have done throughout your career, and can I have a rain check for lunch?
Sincerely,

Joe Leo
Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets