2016 Week 3 Thursday Game ball

Week 3 Thursday Game ball
BOY WAS I WRONG! I thought the Houston Texans would come out and play inspired football and come out flying all over the field. The Houston Texans laid a huge goose egg last night in Foxborough last night. Brock Osweiler showed me that John Elway was 100% correct about Osweiler and how good of a QB he was. To me, Osweiler doesn’t look like he can throw the ball that hard and get the ball into needed tight windows. Some of the footballs that Brock Osweiler were throwing last night looked like balloons. The weapons are there for Osweiler which is an incredible blessing to have in the second or third best wide receiver in the game in DeAndre Hopkins. Bill O’Brian needs to figure a scheme on both offense and defense. Especially defense because of an embarrassment of a loss to a third string quarterback in Jacoby Brissett.  Jacoby Brissett didn’t look that great last night he only had 11/19 for only 103 yards and no touchdowns last night. Brissett did have eight rushes for forty-eight yards and a touchdown. LaGarrette Blount ran last night like he had a fire blazing underneath while also looking like he could run through a MAC truck. Blount ran twenty-four times for one hundred and five yards with two touchdowns. With all of that fantasy wizardry by Blount he doesn’t get my game ball this week.
I understand that I will get a huge amount of hate in my pick this week but I am giving the game ball to Patriots punter Ryan Allen. YES, that’s right I am giving my game ball to a punter. Throughout the first two and a half weeks of the season, I have noticed the great punts from punters throughout the league. Not only that, but the importance of how a sixty-yard punt could switch the momentum of a game. Allen had seven punts last night and six of those seven punts landed inside the twenty-yard line. That is so incredibly important in how the game ended up playing last night. The Texans didn’t play a down on the New England side of the field until the third quarter. The way the game played out due to the punter and the way he impacted the game. I never thought I would give my game ball to a punter, and I honestly believe the value of the punter is grossly underrated. So this blog has now become an equal opportunity lender for a game ball. Good job Ryan Allen for showing me the value of a punter and how special teams can dictate a win in the NFL.
Sources:(nfl.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets