Day 36

Fresh Start_36: Debate Night
Now I don’t normally talk about politics on this blog but considering it is election season and most of the country has their opinion, I might as well give my input. I am not in love with either candidate and I am in the same boat with many on this. I do think that there was clear winner and loser. I don’t think the election was won or lost on this debate alone, considering how much wasn’t talked about or brought up.  
The clear winner in my mind was Hilary Clinton, largely based on how she handled the way Trump reacted to some of the questions and responses. Clinton went extremely left which was much to my surprise, and that could be interesting for voters on the fence. The way she spoke about the economy and of course her emails, she was put in the driver seat and never looked back.
Trump on the other lost, but surprised me a lot in some and didn’t in others. The way Trump talked about the minorities in the country and how we need to fix it, was a really good point that I didn’t think he would bring up. Also with the way he attacked the trade deals and how bad they were set up. Those two arguments went really well for Trump and he got some punches in. But, again he didn’t win the fight.  Trump lost me last night in the ladder half of the debate when he brought up how Hilary Clinton has made fun of Trump and has spread lies about him. Well that was the point where I stood up and yelled at the TV. I hate to break it Donald Trump but that is what politics is, and quite frankly Trump has done the same to Hilary. The sword is double sided and if it gets under your skin well that will show and could cause weakness. Acting like a middle school girl during the most watched presidential debate is not a strong sign of the commander and chief. I am intrigued and extremely interested to see what the two other debates as well as the vice presidential debates.
*As always I need to stress how important it is to vote whether you love or hate the candidates in the running. Registering to vote doesn’t only make a difference for the leader of the country. It also shows in your hometown and how the politics are sorted out*
Sources:(cnn.com, nytimes.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets