Day 227

Fresh Start_227: The 2017 Masters
There’s a first time for everything. As my grandmother always says “The Masters is the last sign of Spring.” And well that’s exactly what time of year it is. This is also special because this is the first-time golf is making an appearance in the “Fresh Start” series.

I will not sit here and say I’m an expert on golf, trust me if you’ve ever seen me on the course you’d know that. However, there is an interesting aspect of the game that I think every golf fan can say is amazing; and that is the consistency of how well some people play. personally, I don’t know how some people drive the ball 405 yards off the tie, or use a 7 iron from 250 yards out, but hey that’s why they’re professionals.

Another thing is the Masters is always special because of how much history is there and what it means to get a green jacket. The Masters is also the first major of the year for golf so it has a similar feeling to Opening Day for golf fans. And the thing that perhaps is the most impressive of them all is, anything can happen and anyone can bring home the jacket. Over the past 10 years players like Danny Willett (2016,-5), Charl Schwartzel(2011,-14), and Trevor Immelman (2008, -14) all won green jackets. Those are guys that had incredible weekends but nobody would expect them to win. Even Jordan Speith who is the 6th rank player in the world was a nobody when he put on his green jacket. For players like Rory Mcllory and Rickie Fowler a win at Augusta National would mark their careers as a success with all the other wins on tour.

For me however, I like rooting for lefties because well I am a lefty myself. I do enjoy Speith and the way he can play, I always like Dustin Johnson (especially after the “rules violation” a couple years back), but my favorite golfer of all-time is the old lefty Phil Mickleson. Mickleson has won the green jacket 3 times in his career, and well he is my pick to win his 4th and tie Tiger. This is because the favorite Dustin Johnson fell down a flight of stairs and apparently had a series fall, Speith is hitting the ball well and will be in contention, I just have a funny feeling it’s Phil’s year this year. Mickleson is currently tied for 6th (-1) through 9 holes at the moment, with Kevin Chappell leading the way in a five-way tie for first at -2. Happy Masters, Spring is here so enjoy the golf and always wear red on Sunday’s.
Sources:(owgr.com, topendsports.com, espn.com, bleacherreport.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets