Day 242

Fresh Start_242: The 2017 New York Jets schedule
The NFL last night “released” every teams schedule at 8PM EST. The reason I say “released” is because every teams schedule was for the most part leaked before 8 EST came around. The Jets are in no position to compete for a playoff spot and have a tough sled of things in 2017, so expect another Top 10 pick from the Jets again next year. After going 5-11 last year with the horrendous play from Ryan Fitzpatrick, and one of the worst secondary’s the Jets have ever had, us Jet fans suffered through yet another disappointing season. From looking at the schedule and processing a quick decision if the Jets would win or lose; here is what I came up with:
Jets 2017-18 Schedule:
1.      @ Buffalo (L)-With the Jets starting on the road for the first time since 2009 is a concerning thing for sure. Also, if you have been watching the Jets over the past couple of years, the Jets don’t particularly play well in Buffalo so I am worried about this trip to Buffalo to begin the season.
2.      @ Oakland (L)-David Carr is back and healthy, an angry blackhole, and going out west to begin the season before the Jets even have a home game is not good at all. This game has the stench of a “roll-over” game all over it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carr and the Raiders put a 50 spot on the Jets in Week 2.
3.      Dolphins (L)-Listen, this Miami team was a playoff team last year, and to give Landry, Stills, and Tannehill another year to develop under now second year head coach Adam Gase it is not a good sign for the Jets weak secondary. Not to mention Ndamukong Suh and Cameron Wake against the weak offensive line chasing whoever is playing quarterback is not a fun site to imagine. Also, the Dolphins are coming to town on September 24th not December 24th, the temperature difference won’t be that drastic from Miami in September. So the “weather advantage” won’t even come in affect for the Jets home opener. Hopefully, the Jets will have enough fans to sell tickets to the home opener, because if the Jets start 0-3 like I think they will go; the Jets might not have that many fans left.
4.      Jaguars (W)-Jacksonville is a mess, and while yes the receiving core of Robinson and Hurns scares the daylights out of me, I think the pressure from the defensive front will be enough to force Bortles into a few interceptions. Whatever offense the Jets roll out onto the field can compete with the lack luster defense that the Jaguars have. I don’t have the Jets winning by much, but a win is a win.
5.      @ Cleveland (W)-Let’s not go crazy here, the Jets will without any doubt in my mind beat the Browns. Even with Miles Garrett and Mitch Trubisky (potentially) the Jets still have more pieces than Cleveland does right now. I think this win will be by the biggest margin of the season, which right now I have at least 10 points. If the Jets lose to the Browns, I don’t even know what I will do. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen!
6.      Patriots (L)-And a BIG loss at that. The 41-3 embarrassment in Foxborough is still fresh in my mind at least, because well I thought I say the worst or the worst the 2016 Jets had until I witnessed that game. I don’t know how much the Super Team known as the New England Patriots will beat us by, but I assume the Jets will have under 10 and the Pats will have something north of 50. Honestly, just treat this week as another bye week because the Jets have no chance.
7.      @ Miami (W)-For some reason, the Jets always treat this game as a vacation and play up for this game, usually beating Miami in their home building. The Jets will also have some unfinished business in Miami, following their special teams blunder that cost them in Week 9 (when there was still hope for the season). I don’t know what the pre-game speech to the team is every year, but they play well in Miami.
8.      Falcons (L)-If anyone gets heartbreaking losses to the Patriots; it’s us Atlanta, we completely get your pain because we have witnessed it first hand for years. But, for this game; Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan, Julio Jones will go for 100+ yards on the secondary, and the Jets quarterback will throw at least 2 gut wrenching interceptions to the Atlanta defense causing for another double-digit loss in 2017.  
9.      Bills (W)-The Jets better get up for this game. This Thursday Night matchup is their only Prime-Time game in 2017 and if the Jets don’t play well, the fan base will be calling for everyone’s job (if they haven’t already). This game will have redemption from the Week 1 loss on it, plus the opportunity to show the league what type of heart they have playing in game that is pretty much the teams “Super Bowl” this year.
10.  @ Tampa Bay (L)-Putting the Jets in Tampa a week before their bye week is just cruel. You don’t think some of the players will think that the Week 10-11 are two weeks that they can have a nice week with their families? Putting the Jets in the warm weather in mid-November is an early Christmas gift for the Jets, I think Jameis Winston and the new look Bucs will have a field day with the Jets beating them by at least 14.
11.  BYE WEEK- THANK GOD!
12.  Panthers (L)-This week will be interesting, because while playing good before and after the bye week is a good recipe for success in a season, this is one of those games that I think will be a toss-up. I don’t know how the Jets will respond coming off the bye, and I don’t know if Cam Newton will have one of those weeks where he looks like a D2 college quarterback. Carolina can easily blow the Jets out of the water and I can be dead wrong, but I will be looking forward to this game for sure.
13.  Chiefs (L)-This is the last team the Jets want to face after the 5-interception performance in Arrow Head last year. I don’t think there will be another 5-interception game, but I do think Tyreek Hill will torch the Jets for multiple touchdowns, and the Jets won’t be able to move the ball against the aging (but still decent) Kansas City defense. The good thing about this game is Andy Reid won’t be coming off a bye, so the loss will only be by slightly less.
14.  @ Denver (L)-No Peyton Manning, no problem for the Broncos in this game. Denver could kick only field goals in this game, because there is no shot the Jets will move the ball of this Bronco defense, if they do I guess pigs can fly. The Jets will get shut out in this game, so don’t be surprised when it happens.
15.  @ New Orleans (L)-Drew Brees is still the quarterback for the Saints and that will be all they need. I think this game will be a shoot-out but I think the Saints just have too much offense for the Jets to handle and they will fall again.
16.  Chargers (W)-What a Christmas present for the Jets this is! This will be their last win of the year and they better celebrate it while it happens. I will enjoy my favorite quarterback Philip Rivers throw a couple of interceptions to the Jets. This has big games from Quincy Enunwa and Bilal Powell written all over it, and well, I hope I’m right.
17.  @ New England (L)-What a better way to drown the sorrows of 2017, than yet another embarrassing loss to the Patriots. I cannot think of a better way to forget about the 2017 season then losing by a tremendous amount of points. The Jets will have a lottery pick set-up by this point, and the Pats will sit most of their starters for the majority of the game—steam rolling the Jets again. Honestly, I cannot wait to watch that awful loss and just forget about the 2017 season entirely, and start looking forward to the 2018 draft.

So, if you were counting at home, the Jets will go 5-11 again most likely landing themselves another pick close to the Top 5. There are times that I truly miss football season, but after dissecting this schedule for 2017, I want to enjoy the NHL playoffs and MLB season just a little bit more. I will route my heart out for the 2017 Jets but I have absolutely no expectations for this team and I think regardless of the talent that you bring in for 2017, it won’t be enough for this season. But hey, there’s always 2018!
Sources:(bleacherreport.com, nfl.com)

Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, and share on your way out!    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Offseason is Brian Cashman's Biggest Test Yet

The Question going into the Trade Deadline for the New York Yankees

The Answer for the Mets